Shipping is through a variety of professional courier services. Please make sure that your shipping address is accurate on the auto-generated invoice from PayPal.
Economy/Free = 5 – 6 business days + 1 day processing the order. Includes tracking.
Expedited = 3 – 4 business days + 1 day processing the order. Includes tracking.
Economy = 15 – 20 business days (Monday – Friday, excluding national holidays) + 1 day processing the order. * Limited tracking.
Expedited = 9 – 10 business days (Monday – Friday, excluding national holidays) + 1 day processing the order. * Limited tracking.
The receiving country’s customs may hold the item for several days, if wishing to inspect it; they may also charge import duty and local taxes upon receipt (ask your post office for your country’s rules).
* Limited tracking = the label # given will often allow you to see when the item has left the US, but it will not typically show tracking within the receiving country.
We ship to the United States, Canada, Scandinavia, Australia and most of Europe (UK, France, Ireland, etc.). Upon request, we will modify our checkout system to accommodate additional, select countries.
There is a 15-day return or exchange policy on unused and undamaged merchandise (resellable as-is), minus S&H. Buyer pays for return shipping.
Snail Sakk® helps to reduce drafts, but does not block them completely. For added protection, consider installing a tight-sealing mail slot plate on the exterior of the door or installing a draught excluder (interior or exterior). Snail Sakk works well with draught excluders.
Though Snail Sakk® successfully keeps mail out of sight/mind of most pets, it is not a dog-proof item. To deter a determined doggie from interfering with the product, please consider gentle training (positive reinforcement, ultrasonic, or bitter apple spray) or blocking the area (baby gate). These have been helpful for those with tenacious critters where out of sight/mind isn’t effective.
Mail Slot/Letterbox Plates
- Vertical Slot: Though it is possible to use Snail Sakk® on vertical slots, it looks and works best on horizontal slots. Click here to see a quick ‘n dirty test that we did with a vertical slot.
- Hooded Slot: Snail Sakk can also be used on hooded slots. The hood will cause a small bulge in the fabric, but it’s usually minor (not much different than when mail is in the Sakk). If this is undesirable though, then you may wish to replace the hood for a flat plate or not use a plate (go commando).
- Interior Slot Flap: We think it’s ideal to use an interior plate that doesn’t have a flap, because the flap causes a little bit of resistance. But most people think it’s no big whoop either way.
Adhesive Hook Fastener Strips & Command Strips
- Placement: The adhesive hook fastener strips are standardly placed 3.75″ (9.5cm) apart. If needed, there’s a leeway of up to a half inch in either direction.
- Surfaces: The adhesive hook fastener strips adhere well to all standard door surfaces (wood, fiberglass, pvc, glass and metal). They can endure surface temperatures between -4 to +212 degrees Fahrenheit. Before mounting, be sure that the surface is clean (avoid citrus based cleaners), dry, and that the paint is stable (not old/cracking/peeling). If the paint is unstable, then you should sand the area of loose particles or tack a shim above and below the slot for the strips to be applied to instead of the unstable surface.
- Relocating: If relocating your Snail Sakk® to a different door, you’ll need an additional pair of adhesive hook fastener strips. Extra strips are available for purchase HERE. You may also purchase Velcro brand strips, as a replacement, from anywhere you wish.
- Removal: If wishing to remove the adhesive hook fastener strips from a door, simply apply a liberal amount of Goo Gone to the back of one corner and continue to apply it as you slowly pull off the strip. It will come off without removing normal/stable paint from your door.
- Command Strips: We’re still testing this but it appears that Command Strips work well with our product. So if you prefer to use Command Strips, in lieu of the adhesive hook fastener strips that are included in our packaging, this does seem to be a feasible option. Just be sure to follow their packaging’s instructions on proper application.
- Walls: If using on a wall made of drywall, sometimes the surface (a thin paper) is not as strong as a door’s surface. In such case, you may wish to secure a shim of wood (or metal or plastic), with drywall screws and plugs, above and below the mail slot and then apply the adhesives strips to those shims. As another idea, though perhaps less ideal, you could apply the screws and plugs directly to the adhesive strips (no shims) and access the mail from the sides rather than pulling down a top corner (to avoid tugging at the wall’s surface).
- Cleaners: The adhesive strips should not be exposed to citrus based cleaners, because citrus oils tend to break down adhesive bonds.
Washing & Ironing
- While in use, Snail Sakk is very wrinkle resistant. Upon removing from the packaging, you may iron your Sakk of any folding creases.
- Washing instructions are displayed on the cute little tag that’s sewn on the inside of the bag.
For several years, we have donated a certain percentage of our profits to different non-profits that we love. The Gentle Barn and the Tim Tebow Foundation are two of our favorites. At times, we have turned our giving into a pay-it-forward game with our customers as well – which has resulted in our donating several hundreds of dollars over the years! We very much appreciate everyone’s support and willingness to participate in something positive and fun. And we are honored to have helped some wonderful causes.
Links & Nods
Need a new mail slot, letterbox, or draught excluder? We’ve put together a list of links to help you on your journey!
Snail Sakk® is currently only sold online.